Monday, October 17

Anna Bond at Pink Olive

On Saturday I got to meet one of my heroes, Anna Bond of Rifle Paper Co. at an event hosted by Pink Olive in their East Village boutique. It was a real treat to meet her, buy two lovely prints and grab a scrumptious cupcake. The above sugar confection plaque was the topper on each cupcake, here's mine that I saved until I got home because I was so taken with it. The whole evite for the event was transferred onto each plaque by edible magic of some sort, sponsor logos at the bottom and all, which gave me a chuckle. I ate the rest of it shortly after taking this picture, truly tasty.

Anyway, Anna's work gets people very excited about stationery, which warms the cockles of my heart. However, I couldn't bring myself to tell her this. That's more of something I'd write in a nice note...


And here is the set of prints that I bought at the Meet & Greet, I was so happy to find them and to be able to get them signed! I really appreciated what Anna had to say about them. They are older pieces, from another time in the Rifle Paper Co. She made the cloud print first, on a bad day, not knowing she would make a sister print at a later date. It is a simple idea, and very genuine. 

They are intended as a gift for a very deserving friend. I can't decide if I should frame them in separate frames, 1 double panel frame, or frame them back to back. 

The photos are my own.
Cupcakes were catered by B Cake NY

No comments:

Post a Comment